Meet Emily Tracy, Class of 2021 senior from Pekin High School. She has a heart of gold and I absolutely love her quirky, fun-loving, sweet personality! Emily is a total babe and ridiculously fun to hang out with!!
After high school, Emily plans on attending ICC to take Gen Eds and then transfer to a University. She is not sure yet what she will major in but knows that she would love something in the medical field. When she was a little girl, she wanted to be either a race car driver or professional princess. ☺︎
Emily’s favorite teacher was Mr. Miller he made class fun and taught in a way that was easy to understand.
Her favorite school event is homecoming because, “its a great excuse to dress up and have fun with everyone you know!. I also loved getting dressed up to go to football games and cheering so loud that I lose my voice.” In school, Emily has participated in Track and Cross Country. She works at Villas of Holly Brook in Pekin in the memory care side which is for residents with dementia and Alzheimers.
My perfect day would be spent outdoors! I would start the day with a great breakfast with my girls, followed by a lake ay at the cabin and my pups. The day would end with a bonfire and a sleepover.
Three things on my bucket list: Travel the world, go skydiving, and own an expensive car
I love being outside and exploring the world. Ever since I was little I have gone fishing and hung out at spring lake with my family. We also go hunting and hiking.
I LOVE DOGS.
Food and Family:
- What’s your favorite family recipe ? Chicken and noodles. My great grandma has a cookbook made from her recipes so it means a lot to my family. Plus it’s fun to make with my mom and tases amazing.
- My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden. I always get the Chicken Gnocchi soup with extra cheese!
- My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
- Favorite beverage – water w/lemon
- If I could only eat one meal for the rest of my life, it would be macaroni and cheese.
- My heroes are my parents because they do everything they can to build me up and make me a better person. They motivate me to be successful in everyone that I do and I appreciate everything that I have. They are here for me in a heartbeat without thinking twice and work very hard to give me a great life. It’s important to me to make them proud of what I can accomplish
- My favorite family trip was to Alaska. It’s so different from anywhere else in the world that I have ever been too. It’s so pretty and the scenery is a lot different.
- My favorite childhood memories are always the family vacations that we have taken. Something always goes wrong and it makes for some good stories
- Christmas is my favorite holiday because I enjoy see my family from out of town.
- My favorite holiday tradition by far is at Easter. We have property in Missouri and my entire family stays during Easter and we cook in this tiny little camper kitchen. My uncle hides camouflage eggs outside the camper so it makes it harder to find them. My family consists of a bunch of goof balls and they line up the real eggs and we use them as targets to shoot. We call it “Easter egg hunting.”
Random Fun Emily Facts:
- I love watching football because for the most part I actually know what’s going on. My favorite sport to do is Cross Country. Everyone is so nice and encouraging and it’s a great place to be.
- Growing up, my monad I always listen to Mumford and Sons so they are one of my favorite bands. I also really love the Wallows
- I’m always up for an adventure and last minute plans usually turn out to be the most fun.
- My dad calls me Emmit and most other people call me Em.
- The most daring thing I have ever done is jump off of a cliff (it was really more like a rocky hill actually) into the water at Johnson Shut Ins which is a really cool place in Missouri that my family went to.
- I would describe my personality as shy and first but then outgoing once you get to now me and fun to talk to..
- I have volunteered at the Pekin Township. Helping with senior meals, lunches for kids and a food pantry to help others in need
- My advice to incoming freshman would be not to get involved in drama, stay who you are and don’t change just to try to fit in or be “popular”. Embrace the person that you are!
- Why did you choose Shelby Photography to take your senior pictures? Not a single girls senior session is the same as another. They are all unique and each girls style can be shown and well as personality through their pictures. I knew some girls from previous classes who had their senior pictures taken by Shelby Photography and they pictures turned out absolutely stunning and beautiful!