Introducing, Candace York, Class of 2021 senior from Washington Community High School!! I know for a FACT that I have never met anyone with such a self-driven determination and excellent work ethic. She is responsible beyond her years when it comes to pure hard work and reaching her goals in life! Candace is also one of the sweetest and very, very beautiful!!!
After high school, Candace plans on attending either ICC or Baptist Bible College to pursue a degree in Child Development or Child Psychology. She has always loved children and thought she might be a daycare teacher from a very young age. She works at Cornerstone Learning Center and is an All-Star Competitive Cheerleader for Titanium Force. Watching Candace jump and flip during her senior session was incredible!!
Football games are her favorite school event to attend “because they have this surreal feel. I get to cheer on my school’s team. But I also get to dress up and go all out with our themes. I love hanging out with my friends and then going out to eat after, laughing, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.” Candace participates in Track and Pep Club. She also loves anything to do with art, and “I’m a very crafty person.”
“My perfect day could be described like this… I start my morning off with I nice iced coffee, outside in the fresh morning air with the birds chirping in the background and reading the word of God. I always think starting your mornings off with the word makes for a better day. I then would head off to work at the daycare where I do all sorts of games and activities with the kids.”
Three things on my bucket list include 1. I want to go on a Mission trips. 2. I want to travel to all 48 by van. 3. This is a big one but I want to make a difference in children’s lives.
Food and Family:
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? I’ve had a buffalo burger in Montana.
- Favorite family recipe: My dads tortellini and spaghetti and they are amazing and don’t get me started on the sauce its soooo good!!
- If I could eat only one meal for the rest of my life, it would be Broccoli Cheddar soup from Panera
- My favorite thing about my mom is that she has this spunky, crazy personality. There really isn’t a word for her personality. She does things that make me laugh so hard and she is just doing it thinking its normal. She has a different outlook on things than most people. She’s definitely not normal let me tell you! But I love that about her she has made me the special hard working person I am today and I owe that to her even though sometimes I don’t see that.
My dad… there is a lot to say about him. He is this amazing hard working guy and he’s taught me how to be an independent woman. My favorite thing about him is his work ethic as well as his outlook on life. He is always striving to better himself and his skills. I like to think I can be like him at least just a little bit one day.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas because of all of the joy it brings! Every year, we usually go to my grandmas house. We play games like Taboo and we play in teams, boys against girls. The amount of laughing that comes from this game is sooooo funny. We basically just sit there acting out the words and laughing at each other.
- My hero is my dad, because he came from a really rough life and he some how became the amazing man he is today. My dad is a very strong willed human being and I personally strive to be like him everyday.
- My favorite childhood memory is when I was in 1st grade. We were at my grandmas house and her cat had just given birth to a bunch of kittens. I remember this clear as day and picking out my cat Leonard. I guess you could say ever since then him and I have been best buds and he has been with me through it all.
RANDOM Candace Fun Facts:
- In 7th grade, I used to wear blue colored contacts even though my eyes are already blue.
- Do you have any nicknames? Nobody calls me this anymore but in middle school my softball coach called me Candypants
- Favorite band/singers? I love Hillsong worship, and some classic Johnny cash. I also love The Lumineers, Hollow Coves, and Rend Collective. I like a lot of acoustic slower music.
- I love All-Star Cheer!
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? Taking the leap of faith and accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior. That was the best decision I have ever made.
- Do you have any favorite fashion trends? I’m not super into fashion but I love Doc Martins and ripped jeans
- What’s your favorite color to wear? I like to wear pink typically light pinks, and whites. The lighter pinks typically brings out my skin tone and same with white. I also think it helps my hair and eye color pop.
- My usual school style is Leggings and shirts or hoodies. I always try to once or twice a week to wear jeans and a nice shirt. I do a lot of online shopping.
- Why did you choose Shelby Photography? Since I was in 8th grade I have always dreamed of being a Shelby senior. I used to look up to all the Shelby seniors and had one day hoped to be in there place. I am so thankful that I even have the opportunity to do this. I love how bright the colors are and how crisp everything is. The pictures that are taken look unbelievably stunning. The pictures also make who ever is in the photo look amazing.