Meet the lovable, fashion forward, sweet & sassy, goofy, outgoing, fun-loving, blue-eyed, beautiful, Class of 2019 senior from Morton High School. My camera (and my heart) love her and I’m excited to share a few favorite images from her senior sesh! Introducing Rachel Geiger!
- What event are you most looking forward to during your senior year? Homecoming week (this week!) At Morton there are class competitions and since I am on the board for student council I plan most of the activities and events and the class of 2019 has won all three years so far and we are already starting our plans for next year to get that fourth win. I love how the whole class comes together and it is an awesome bonding experience.
- Where do you plan to attend college? I’ve applied to Bradley, University of Iowa, University of Missouri, and University of Illinois. I’ve been accepted to all of them so far but U of I has not come out with decisions yet and that is my number one. I want to major in Psychology and Criminal Justice
- What’s your favorite school event? I enjoy going to all of the football and basketball games and the student section is like my second home. You can always find me at a Morton game cheering on my Potters (or my Hogs)
- What activities in school do you participate? I am on the Executive board for Student Council and I do a lot of volunteer work through that.
- My favorite class is anything social studies, I love geography, history, and learning about people.
- What advice would you give incoming high school freshman? DO YOUR HOMEWORK! School is so easy to just get by in, but if you are the one who actually puts in the work you will be the one kid who gets an A when everyone else fails a test. Just because everyone else’s is cheating doesn’t mean it is right. Take advantage of the AWESOME things high school has to offer. Go to the football games, the dances, the pep rallies. Participate in spirit days, donate to the charities and really just enjoy the four years that you have there.
- What is the best thing about your parents? My parents both work very hard to give me the best life I can possibly have. They have guided me in the right direction but have let me expirience life myself and let me make my own decisions. I am so thankful that my parents are laid back and trust me fully because if I want to do something I don’t have to hide it from them, like most teenagers do. They are very understanding of my stage in life and are always trying to help me out.
- My favorite family trip was to New York when I was in 6th grade, and my dad used to live in the city so we stayed with one of his friends
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Playing at the baseball fields with all my friends while our brothers has games.
- My hero is My late grandma Agatha, because she was born in the late 20’s and lived in Brooklyn during a very hard time in history. She was always a very strong and independent woman who loved her family more than anything. She was very open and accepting of all people and treated everyone with respect, even if she didn’t agree with what they were doing. She taught me how to deal with people and keep myself out of crazy girl drama. I admire her because she was unapologetically herself in a time when nobody else was like her.
- Favorite family holiday tradition? On Christmas Eve my whole family comes over to our house and decorates Christmas cookies. My grandma spends the night with us and opens presents with us in the morning.
Food and Style:
- What’s your favorite family recipe? Puppy Chow, my grandma makes it SO good I’ve never tasted better.
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? Bagna, it’s awesome! It’s literally oil, anchovies, and some seasoning. You dip bread in it while it is warm on the stove.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pasta of any kind.
- What is your favorite fashion trend right now? I love stripes, I always go shopping and can’t buy anything I have in my hands because I wear stripes so often and they are what I gravitate towards always. I also love, love denim jackets.
- What’s your favorite color to wear and why? Mustard yellow, I find it looks very good on my skin tone and with my hair color.
- What’s your usual school style? My go to is a pair of jeans and a cute top, but on days when I’m lazy I just pull my hair in a bun and wear leggings and a college tshirt.
- What are your favorite stores to shop at? Forever 21, H&M, PacSun, Urban Outfitters, Garage, Bohme.
- What did you want to be when you were a little girl? A teacher
- What hobbies or fun things do you like to do? For the past year or so I’ve been bible journaling, which is a lot of fun. I get to express my creativity and my faith at the same time and it is such a relaxing time I spend with myself.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? At YoungLife camp I ziplined across the lake.
- If you could travel any where in the world where would you want to go? I have always dreamed of going to Greece, because they have lots of historic monuments and the beaches there are gorgeous.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween
- Name three things that are on your bucket list: See all 50 states, Go to Australia and see a rainforest, and at some point I would love to own a lake house.
- What is the moment you are most proud of? I am always proud of myself when I get a paycheck from work (I work at Eli’s) and spend it on a gift for someone else. My whole life I’ve been buying gifts for mother’s day with my moms money, it is so nice to be able to truly show someone how much you care about them.
- I can say the alphabet faster backwards than forwards.
- Why did you choose Shelby Photography for your senior portraits photographer? The personal connection with Cindy and the other Shelby Seniors is what made me choose her for my pictures. I feel like I know all the current seniors and I’ve never really talked to any of them, just by looking at their pictures. Personality shines through more than anything in her photos.